Here is a demo of the tool from creator Ken Soh.
Let us check out this Open source automation option.
TagUI is an open-source, cross-platform, command-line RPA tool that allows you to automate your desktop web, mouse, and keyboard actions easily.
The automation software uses “human language” like Command line syntax to build your workflows. So, you can automate with “language” like this:
Here are some key features:
- Human readable code – can be written in 20 languages
- Add-ons for MS-Office Word, Excel and also MS Power automate
- Screen-based automation possible using computer vision
- Basic and Pro UI Steps – there is a cheat sheet
- Can integrate with AI/ML using API calls, Python
- Live mode for development and debugging. See outputs as you type
- Simple installation: Just unpack and run
- Automate Chrome in visible/invisible mode
- Chrome extension for recording web actions
- Python & R integration for big data / AI / ML
TagUI has an active community that has been added many add-ons that have made the tool more useful. The team behind TagUI is also active with a great roadmap.
One of the questions that many have before using an Open-source tool is on Security. The team has taken care to address that as well.
As per the team, TagUI is designed with security built-in. It includes:
- It is not a SaaS or software on the cloud running on vendor’s cloud, it runs on actual users’ computers
- TagUI doesn’t store data. So, Industry-specific certifications like PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOX aren’t applicable
- For data at rest, storage encryption is on user’s computer at the OS-level
- For data in use, it is recommended that user manually enter sensitive info like password before letting robot take over
Tag UI has some advantages when compared to other mainstream RPA tools:
- Free forever: $0 to use, under Apache 2.0 open-source license
- Flexible tool: It has different flavours and add-ons to do RPA the way you like
- Cross-platform: It works on Windows, macOS, Linux
- Community: A robust community that is contriuting as well helpful
With, TagUI you can also create the automation in Python with Python RPA.
If you like to try out Tag UI, here are a few resources to get you started.
TagUI Editor – https://github.com/adegard/tagui_scripts
RPA for Python – https://github.com/tebelorg/RPA-Python
Microsoft Word and Excel plug-ins: https://github.com/kelaberetiv/TagUI/blob/master/src/office/README.md
TagUI course – https://learn.aisingapore.org/courses/learn-rpa-with-tagui-beginners-course
J Bot Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1n_P6zyRA4D3o7OIcdSl2Q
Video / Audio
Demo videos – https://github.com/aimakerspace/TagUI-Bricks
TagUI podcast – https://botnirvana.org/podcast/tagui
TagUI session: https://youtu.be/PrnBDnnABwE
Talk on TagUI RPA – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzE4tKlzzg4
Talk on RPA for Python – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2aQKWx_EAE
Telegram Group Chat – https://t.me/rpa_chat
Like to know more about about Tag UI? Let us know in the comments below. 👇
Last Updated on 17th January 2022